Subscribe to our Festival Email Newsletter to receive updates on Festival Details, Vendors, Planning your Visit & More! PLUS, you automatically get entered into our random drawing to WIN a pair of Festival Tickets!
Getting to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival
There are so many easy ways to get to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival! The event takes place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons, which is conveniently located in Lake George; just off Route 9/Canada Street. Its a short distance from two I-87 Highway exits, as well as Lake George hotels, shops, restaurants, attractions and more!
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival will take place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons in Lake George Village. The Festival Commons sits on the former 2.5 acre home of Lake George’s historic “Gaslight Village”, conveniently located off route 9 and a short distance from exits 21 and 22 of I-87. The Festival grounds, completed in 2016, features nice, flat grass and just outside the gate is a park with public bathrooms, a natural children’s playground, seating areas, and a skateboard park!
The venue is a short walk away from Million Dollar Beach and the always popular attractions, shops, restaurants and attractions of Canada Street and Beach Road, making it easy for you to make the most of your visit to Lake George when you attend the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival!
There is ample parking nearby the Festival Commons. Metered street parking is available throughout Lake George and several public parking lots are available for a nominal daily rate:
BEST BET LOT!
- Lake George Recreational Center (Transfer Road, Lake George) – Parking lot with ample space & restrooms. Run by the Town of Lake George. FREE; Includes Bus transportation directly from the lot to the festival grounds and back, every 30 minutes – 10:30am to 6:30pm Saturday | 10:30am to 5:30pm Sunday. Donations accepted.
Other Recommended Lots:
- Factory Outlets of Lake George – Park & Ride! Park for Free at French Mountain Commons, Adirondack Outlet Mall or Log Jam Outlets ONLY, Take the Trolley to the Festival & Back to the Outlets, and get your Shopping On before or after the fest!
- Westbrook Road (the road the festival is located on) offers limited Metered street parking (central machines with credit card payment is available)
- The Lake George Steamboat Company Parking Lot ($10/day)
- Beach Road Parking Lot (Metered)
- Lake George Lanes & Games ($10 per car/day, limited parking)
- Lake George Forum (limited public parking, $10 Per Day)
- Million Dollar Beach ($10/day or hourly)
- Caffe Vero Lot (Limited spots, daily rate TBD)
- Bait & Tackle Shop Lot (Limited Spots, $10/day)
- Shoreline Boat Sales Parking Lot ($15/day)
- Exit 22 Municipal Lot Parking (Free)
- Exit 21 Park & Ride (FREE)
- Handicap Access: Handicap parking is available at most locations. The festival grounds are flat and grassy, with a single gravel pathway around the space.
- Additional metered and public parking is located throughout Lake George Village… a great option, if you want to take advantage of the plethora of shops, restaurants and attractions Lake George, has to offer before or after the festival. A Trolley runs a regular route throughout Lake George if you want to catch a ride from your parking spot to the festival (the closest trolley stop is located at the Lake George Steamboat Company Pier)
Greater Glens Falls Transit offers a Trolley Service from the Glens Falls area all the way to Lake George Village and north to Bolton Landing with several, frequent stops.
Many hotels are serviced by the Trolley, and some offer their own shuttle service as well.
To get the Trolley to stop for you if you’re not at an official trolley stop, just stand on the side of the road in the direction you’re headed and wave / flag the driver down. They will stop as long as it is safe to do so in that location.
- GGFT Base Cash fare – $1.00
- Persons 60+ years & those Medicare eligible – 50 cents
- Transfers – 50 cents
- Exact fare is required, drivers cannot make change.
These companies not only want to help us make sure you get to and from the festival safely, they also want to help you make the most of your Lake George experience. Whether you want to get out on the dance floor of some of the best local bars, or do some touring & tasting of local wineries, breweries and distilleries, they can help you get there!
(518) 540-0267 | WEBSITE
The Lake George Bar Crawl will be offering a package for festival-goers! Have fun with us at the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival during the day, and then keep the party going later in the evening! Starting and ending at the Centennial Fountain in Shepard Park, you won’t want to miss out on this fun and unique excursion that takes place at 10pm every weekend this summer! They can also get you 10% off your ride home with Anytime Taxi – just mention you’re with LG Bar Crawl!
(518) 339-8190 | WEBSITE
Casks & Kegs Tours finds the hidden gems of wineries. breweries, and distilleries in the beautiful farmland and foothills of our area. They are once again offering a package that includes transportation to and from the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival as well as admission to the event itself! Departing from and returning to the Northway Exit 8 Park & Ride located in Clifton Park, this makes a great option for attendees traveling in from the South!
(518) 309-2739 | WEBSITE
Spa City Brew Bus is based out of Saratoga Springs, and is a great venue for scheduled tours and private events. With amenities like free wifi, tv & stereo, snacks, water, and even more, you’ll be riding to and from the festival comfortably and in style! With seating accommodations up to 24, they’ve got room for your whole crew! Reservations are required, so give them a call to snag your spot.
(518) 361-3087 | WEBSITE
Hoppy Trails Brew Bus is another great transportation option! Having all been born and raised in the area, they are especially focused on supporting local Adirondack beverage businesses. They request advance notice for those interested in transportation to craft beverage events, so give them a call soon to reserve your spot!
One of the best ways to enjoy Lake George is by boat!
Whether you own your own boat, have friends that do, or feel like renting a boat for the day, the Public Boat Docks of Lake George Village are only a short distance from the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds! The docks are metered, at a rate of $2 per hour (maximum 22 hrs).
A number of taxi companies service the Lake George area; so drive safe and get dropped off and picked up right in front of the festival grounds! Find taxis on LakeGeorge.com>>
Are you a cyclist? Warren County offers an amazing, well-manicured and picturesque bike path that starts in Glens Falls and ends at Lake George Battlefield Park, which is right across the street from the Festival Commons. Ample bicycle racks are available to secure your bike nearby. See the Bikeway Map Here>>
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds, Lake George Festival Commons, is located within easy walking distance to so many local hotels, restaurants, attractions, shops and outdoor activities. Park for the day and make the most of your time in the Queen of the American Lakes!