Getting to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival
There are so many easy ways to get to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival! The event takes place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons, which is conveniently located in Lake George; just off Route 9/Canada Street. Its a short distance from two I-87 Highway exits, as well as Lake George hotels, shops, restaurants, attractions and more!
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival will take place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons in Lake George Village. The Festival Commons sits on the former 2.5 acre home of Lake George’s historic “Gaslight Village”, conveniently located off route 9 and a short distance from exits 21 and 22 of I-87. The Festival grounds, completed in 2016, features nice, flat grass and just outside the gate is a park with public bathrooms, a natural children’s playground, seating areas, and a skateboard park!
The venue is a short walk away from Million Dollar Beach and the always popular attractions, shops, restaurants and attractions of Canada Street and Beach Road, making it easy for you to make the most of your visit to Lake George when you attend the Adirondack Wine & Food
My Ride will be offering tickets for pick-ups at the Sleep Inn and Holiday Inn in Queensbury AND round trip transportation from downtown Albany and Exit 9 Park & Ride. Also, the price of a My Ride ticket is cheaper than paying for an Uber! This is an extremely convenient way to get to and from the festival. You will be able to enjoy the Festival to the fullest and get home safely! To see the scheduled pick-ups and drop-offs and to buy your tickets, click this link>> See you June 29th & 30th!
There is ample parking nearby the Festival Commons. Metered street parking is available throughout Lake George and several public parking lots are available for a nominal daily rate
FREE PARKING LOTS WITH TRANSPORTATION:
Lake George Recreational Center (Transfer Road, Lake George) – FREE Parking lot with ample space & restrooms. We are providing FREE transportation from this lot to the festival grounds via:
- MY RIDE – My Ride is providing a FREE dedicated WHITE BUS for Express Transport throughout Saturday and Sunday, taking attendees directly to and from the Festival Grounds; approximately every 15 minutes, 8:45am to 6:30pm Saturday and Sunday.
The Lake George Outlets – Park for FREE & take the Trolley from French Mountain Commons, Adirondack Outlet Mall or Log Jam Outlets!.
- There are a few convenient Greater Glens Falls Transit Red Trolley Stop signs right on Route 9 in front these outlet parking areas, but you can also flag down a trolley at any time on this route. Fare is only $1.00 per person and half price for age 60+
- You should take the RED TROLLEY GOING NORTHBOUND TO LAKE GEORGE to the Lake George Beach Road stop (located at the Lake George Steamboat Company Pier), and you will be only steps away from the festival grounds!
- The first trolley pick up is at 8:43 am, with pickups every 30 minutes all day long, arriving at beach road 13 mins later. Catch a ride back to your car from the Steamboat Pier on the RED TROLLEY GOING SOUTHBOUND TO GLENS FALLS. Pickup is every 30 minutes, all day long. You will be back to the outlets 9 minutes later.
PAID PARKING LOTS located within walking distance of the festival grounds:
- Westbrook Road (the road the festival is located on) offers limited Metered street parking (central machines with credit card payment is available)
- The Lake George Steamboat Company Parking Lot ($10/day)
- Beach Road Parking Lot (Metered)
- Million Dollar Beach ($10/day or hourly)
- Biscotti Brothers Cafe Lot (Limited spots, $10 per day)
- Lake George Lanes & Games (Limited spots, $10 per day)
- Handicap Access: Handicap parking is available at most of the above locations. The festival grounds are flat and grassy, with a single gravel pathway around the space.
- Additional metered and public parking is located throughout Lake George Village… a great option, if you want to take advantage of the plethora of shops, restaurants, and attractions Lake George has to offer before or after the festival.
- THE RED TROLLEY runs up and down route 9, from Glens Falls through Lake George Village and North to Bolton Landing; so you can literally park anywhere, walk to route 9 and FLAG the trolley down for a ride (only $1 Per person!) to the Beach Road Stop / Steamboat Company Pier.
THE RED TROLLEY
THE TROLLEY IS RELIABLE AND INEXPENSIVE!
Greater Glens Falls Transit offers a Trolley Service from the Glens Falls area all the way to Lake George Village and north to Bolton Landing with several, frequent stops along route 9, the main thoroughfare in the area.
To get the Trolley to stop for you if you’re not at an official trolley stop, just stand on the side of the road in the direction you’re headed and wave / flag the driver down. They will stop as long as it is safe to do so in that location.
- GGFT Base Cash fare – $1.00
- Persons 60+ years & those Medicare eligible – 50 cents
- Transfers – 50 cents
- Exact fare is required, drivers cannot make change.
LAKE GEORGE BY BOAT OR BY BICYCLE
One of the best ways to enjoy Lake George is by boat!
Whether you own your own boat, have friends that do, or feel like renting a boat for the day, the Public Boat Docks of Lake George Village are only a short distance from the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds! The docks are metered, at a rate of $2 per hour (maximum 22 hrs).
Are you a cyclist or enjoy bike rides with the family?
Warren County offers an amazing, well-manicured and picturesque bike path that starts in Glens Falls and ends at Lake George Battlefield Park, which is right across the street from the Festival Commons. Ample bicycle racks are available to secure your bike nearby. See the Bikeway Map Here>>
LAKE GEORGE BY TAXI OR ON FOOT
PREFER TO HAIL A CAB?
A number of taxi companies service the Lake George area; so drive safe and get dropped off and picked up right in front of the festival grounds! Find taxis on LakeGeorge.com>>
WALKING TO THE FEST? NO PROBLEM WHEN YOU STAY IN THE VILLAGE!
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds, Lake George Festival Commons, is located within easy walking distance to so many local hotels, restaurants, attractions, shops and outdoor activities. Park for the day and make the most of your time in the Queen of the American Lakes!